Covid-19 lockdown makes sales and marketing hard. If your customers are unsure what the future looks like, what should you do? What can you do? In this episode, Richard White from Unit4 joins us to talk about using time well during Covid-19 lockdown.
Sales and marketing in Covid-19 Lockdown
We really enjoyed recording this interview because Richard really delivered insightful and inspiring evidence of how Unit4 is making the very best use of the Covid-19 lockdown right now. This is not theory, jargon or hype. This is what a company is doing today to produce sales tomorrow.
Towards the end of the interview, Richard talks about some of the strategic and tactical marketing initiatives underway, including ABM, but the real story here is about using time. We hope you enjoy the episode and we’ve summarised some of the key takeaways below.
Key Podcast Takeaways
- We’ve been given the gift of time. When this is over and done with, we’ll reflect back and ask ourselves: did we use the time wisely.
- Software is only as good as the person driving it. Use training and simulation to build muscle memory while the period continues.
- If you look at 2020, Q1 has gone and Q2 is effectively a write off… we’re going to have to deliver 12 months’ performance in an eight month year.
- When we all start work again, we have to over-perform. So, to be blunt, we have to pick the right fights. I would rather my team works one opportunity we have a great chance of winning and we execute it perfectly than we chase around after three or four possibles.
- If you can’t sell to customers, but you want to be at the forefront of their minds, what do you do? For me it’s thought leadership.
If you’d like to appear on Martrek, please get in touch. We’re always looking for guests with original, challenging and inspiring viewpoints.