As agency owners go through strategic planning for the year ahead, selling or maybe even buying have to be options? But, in a market where only one in ten business listed for sale make it to completion, how do get to the truth? We chose to speak to Lucas Weston’s Howard Weston because he tells it how it is.
This podcast has some awesome and very direct advice for agency owners and senior managers.
- Covid-19 has caused many agencies to lock down the hatches and focus on survival instead of keeping their eyes open for opportunities
- If you had a plan to buy or sell a company in 2020, get on with it
- Private Equity is a very hard sale route for many agencies
- Now is a great time to do M&A because lots of aligned parties want things to do
- Good agencies have retained their value through the crisis
- Earn out deals now offer the biggest opportunity for agency owners who are bold enough to act
About Lucas Weston
Lucas Weston is a tight-knit team which is selective about the clients its represent. The firm prefers to deliver a service that matches the precise needs of the business and owners, something that can become difficult when you take on too many projects.
This allows Lucas Weston to keep its own business quite private, in terms of promotion, and to be selective about the projects that it undertakes. Which is one of the reasons for Lucas Weston’s well above average success rate.