When times are tough do you cut the PR budget? Not according to Mark Pinnes, Managing Director at Flagship PR who explains exactly why winning companies know that PR is not optional. Especially during a crisis.
Key Podcast Takeaways
- Reputation is a C-suite issue: so much of business is about trust that reputation cannot be left to chance.
- Org structure dictates how companies handle PR: PR can be run out of the board or a marketing and communications department. Both can work.
- Content should be data-driven and current: Those companies who are still trying to use canned contents are getting it wrong.
- PR is not a stop/start activity: stop activity and you lose ground – you may never catch up.
- PR is causing a re-ranking of priorities and audiences: people are becoming a much more important part of every company’s brand
Right now, what we’re hearing from our clients is that their clients have got new needs. Being able to communicate effectively with them and offering support is crucial in order to succeed.Mark Pinnes, Flagship PR
If you’d like to appear on Martrek, please get in touch. We’re always looking for guests with original, challenging and inspiring viewpoints.